Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The First Night

My first night here in the world. Mommy and me were both really tired. We had it a bit rough trying to make my introduction. After 6 hours of labor, my heartbeat dropped too low and I was in trouble. The nurses and doctor ladies said mommy had to be rushed in for a "C" section right away. Soon after I came into the world.

I enjoyed snuggling up next to mommy. The nurses tried to put me in a clear plastic tub looking thingy. They said it was my bed and called a bassinet, but I didn't like it.

Mommy was worn out too. I love hearing her heartbeat, it puts me right to sleep...

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS. He is well named. I like "Cody" and "Dean" a whole lot. Those are family names here also. So glad Mom and baby are doing so well. Amy, you are very "amiable" letting Mike post the "just after" pictures on the web. Of course, I was always camera shy. Best of everything to the 3 of you. Be safe, be loved and God Bless you...Bb

    ReplyDelete